The AABPS is a non-political, non-religious, and not-for-profit professional organization of volunteers.
The mission of the Association is to provide a world class forum for communication, discussion, collaboration, and exchange of knowledge and scientific ideas among academia, industry, hospitals, health insurance companies, pharmacies, government and other research institutions worldwide.
Type of members:
Membership of the Association consists of “General Members”, “Associate Members”, “Lifetime Members” and “Honorary Members”. All members are eligible to participate in the activities of the Association if they fully observe the rules and regulations of the Association.
General Member: A person who:
- is residing in North America,
- is of Bangladeshi origin or descent,
- has formal education and/or experience of working in areas related to pharmaceuticals,
- agrees to abide by the Articles of Incorporation and By-laws of the Association, and
- files an application with the required full annual dues
can apply for a General Member of the Association, subject to the approval by the Membership Committee. General Member will be entitled to vote in all matters coming before the General Assembly meetings of the Association.
Associate Member: A person who:
- agrees to abide by the Articles of Incorporation and By-laws of the Association,
- files an application with the required full annual dues, and
- has interest to promote goals and objectives of the Association
can apply for an Associate Member of the Association, subject to the approval by the Membership Committee. The Associate Member does not have the voting right in the General Assembly meetings and cannot participate in the election process of the Association officers.
Lifetime (General or Associate) Member: A General or Associate member who paid membership fee equivalent to twenty (20) times the annual membership fee in a year is eligible to become a lifetime member, subject to approval by the Membership Committee.
Honorary Member: A distinguished scholar or professional in pharmaceutical research, education, and business from anywhere in the world, who expresses interest in promoting goals and objectives of the Association, can be offered an Honorary Membership of the Association by the Executive Committee of the Association. Such a member will have rights and privileges like an Associate Member. Honorary Members will not be required to pay any annual membership fee.